Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why I hate Secretary of the State Office

I'm not sure how your states secretary of the state is, but here in Michigan it is hell. What I am about to say is a bit embarrassing, but I do not have my license, and I have finally decided it is a bit ridiculous so went to go get my permit again.

Now this may sound like a simple task, just go get another paper permit so I can drive around legally. I should be in and out of the office in like 30 mins. Well not at the secretary of the state.

After filling out the paper work and waiting 15 minutes just to talk to someone, I got up was about to sign the papers and noticed they had my maiden name on it. I told them I changed my last name.This lady more then once asked if I just turned 18, that was the start of her rubbing me the wrong way. I was then informed I needed my marriage license. This isn't something I just carry around. No idea why I needed it since my ID and social security card had my legal name I use now.

I had to go all the way home and get a piece of paper that had my maiden name to show I changed my name. I was pretty upset, but they didn't care. I never complain but I decided to call their complaint line. I waited on hold for 10minutes and when someone answered it was cracking up bad.

I tried to explain to the complaint lady what just happened and how they need a sign telling customers what they need. They lady wouldn't even listen to me. Combined with her blaming me for everything and the crackling line I started to talk louder and get mad. She told me to look up online what I needed, and it's not the people's job to explain things to me. I told her a simple sign with what you needed would work. She wouldn't listen and thought it was bad idea.

This lady was sassy as hell, and hung up on me! A complaint lady hung up on me! Isn't it her job to be able to handle angry people?

I didn't stop there. I was beyond pissed. I just wanted my voice to be heard. I had to sit in that office for 15mins and listen to a crappy tv talk about how they are trying to improve it and comments are welcome. They gave me the 1800 number and the lady hung up on me. I took it one step further and just called human resources. I was greeted with a much nicer guy on the phone and told him how I wanted to make a complaint on a complaint lady.

Yup, read that right, I made a complaint about the complaint lady. I felt much better after that phone call. Lesson of the day, don't piss of a very nice girl that is having a bad day just trying to get a permit and get her license in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment