Friday, April 8, 2011

The needy friend

It was a match made in heaven. Your eyes met, words were spoken and you knew it was meant to be. How did you live without this person? Since the first time you met, it felt like you knew them your whole life. Wait a second, not to get you confused, but we're talking about friendship, the needy friend that is.

Friendship is a very important part of life. I'm sure there has been a billion studies of how friends make you whole, but what about the friends that take things to a whole new level.

I once had the glorious time of having a needy friend. I would get more calls from her then my mother. I could not miss a phone call otherwise I was doomed to hell. I was a terrible friend, or I was in my friend's eyes.

For those of you who haven't had the honor of having a needy friend, let's take a look at what makes a needy friend:

  • Needs to talk to you daily
  • Gets jealous at the slightest sign of you having life besides them
  • Thought you are lying if you said you were busy
  • Blames your significant other on anything
  • Always working around their schedule,never yours. Convenience isn't a good thing.

When I was young hearing from someone everyday was fun, and nice. As you get older schedules get more confusing,and sometimes you need alone time. To a needy friend none of this exists. 

There came a point that I didn't wanna answer my phone because I knew I'd get bitched at. I feared the phone, and the next text I'd get from her.

Everyone loves friends, and there comes a time where you gotta say enough is enough. That time came for me. It was bitter sweet. Strangely I still miss her from time to time. The weirdest part about a needy friend, once you said, "hey you gotta chill", its not their fault, and they never want to talk to you again.

Let's hope you don't have to face these needy people in life. If ya do,good luck to ya!

This post was dedicated to my needy friends. Call me sometime. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment