Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Permission Slip

For most people working is a part of life, a very dual and boring part of life. Some people are lucky enough to get an exciting job, while others make best, and are happy to just have a job.

Co-workers always help the work day go faster, or can drag out the day. I am lucky enough to work around some very fun people. In between being a busy housekeeper, my co-workers and I find fun ways to pass the time.

It all started out as a joke. A male co-worker and I were passing each other in the hall and he asked to hold my hand. I of course laughed and said I don't think my husband would like that. My co-worker being the interesting character that he is simply said, well go get a permission slip. Over the last couple months my co-worker and I would have a run on joke about me needing to remember my permission slip.

Every time I would work with him he'd ask me if I had remembered my slip. I never intentioned on actually getting a slip, and I would reply no. Like any other work day I headed to break and then he said it, I got your permission slip. I busted out laughing in the break room.

Sure enough he held in his hand a permission slip from my husband giving him permission to hold my hand. To answer the question that popped in your head, no we didn't hold hands.

Working can be a drag, but with the right people work can be something a little less of a Debbie downer. Even though my job deals with a lot of unhappy guests, the people I work with help me get through the day.

Have you ever had an inside joke with a co-worker?

No comments:

Post a Comment