Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Bachelor

What you’re about to read may upset you, what is with the fuss over the bachelor?   On January 10th the Bachelor had 8.4million viewers. 8.4 million Viewers watching people say they are looking for love.
This obsession is behind me. I tried to watch the show, and got bored of it after 15minutes or so.  If you like the Bachelor, what is it that makes it so interesting? Most reality shows are far from reality, but they still have good ratings. I have friends that love this show, but really can’t understand why.
It seems like most women I meet have an unrealistic vision of love, and these shows only fuel the fire even more. Think about it, since women are young, they have been told fairy tales. If a girl ever gets in a jam, a handsome prince comes to save her.
The Bachelor is just another fairy tale. Two people are supposed to be able to fall in love on camera, and in a short period of time. I’ll be the first to admit I once had unrealistic thoughts of love.  Romantic comedies make you want to believe you can just fall in love with your best friend. Not unless you’re best guy friend is a whore, and doesn’t believe in a thing called Karma.  Everything happens for a reason though, I have him to thank for finding my husband.
What are your thoughts about the bachelor? I am sure many of you will say I am wrong, and believe in love at first sight, or something in that lines. The Bachelor does give viewers some hope that everyone can find true love though. I just hope people don’t rush into marriage only adding to the divorce rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment