Friday, January 28, 2011

Homelessness Still Exists

No one deserves to live without basic needs met.  Living in one of the most powerful nations, it is estimated between 2.3 to 3.5 million experience homelessness.
You may think to yourself, “ I am only one person, I can’t do anything to help someone I don’t even know”, but there is. Humility Now is a non-profit organization that when you buy one shirt donates another shirt to a homeless person.
While some people forget how it is to run into a rough patch, this organization works towards improving people’s lives. Sadly this is only available in the South Miami area,but working towards people helping in the whole nation.
  Are you the person you would hope to see if you were living on the streets? Think back to the last homeless person you saw, how did you react?
No matter where you live, what car you drive, or the job you have, we are all people. I put my pants on the same way you do, I am no better than the next person. Take Ted Williams for instance, amazing talent, but hit some rough patches in his life. One person helped change his whole life around.
We are all humans, and need to help one another out.

Check out the site I mentioned earlier: http://humilitynow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment