Wednesday, February 9, 2011

An Autotune Nation


In today's music industry computers plan a big role. If it wasn't for computers we wouldn't have such an amazing display of performance this last super bowl. Oh wait it was the opposite. The singer was off, and everyone was surprised some artists don’t sound so good live. Welcome to the world of auto tune.
                Who needs real singing talent anymore? Quick computer editing and almost anyone’s voice can sound perfect. If you haven’t checked out the half from the Super Bowl, listen to Fergies amazing voice. I always said she wasn’t that great, people really need to start listening to my opinion.

                T.V. channels are crammed with the next big talent, but does real talent exist anymore? When is the last time you went to a concert, and weren’t let down by the singing? I have been to some really good live rock concerts, but even more big time names let me down.

Many people will argue that if an artist jumps around, and the vocals are a little off it's ok. That is like me doing my job, and saying I was too stressed. Their job is to entertain. That's just my opinion. If someone is paying good money, I would expect to see a good performance, and that's including vocally. 

With some much auto tuning going on there is even a youtube group dedicated to auto tuning everything. They definitely make a good use of auto tune in a very funny way.




Today's music isn't the same as it used to be in the past. Are there any artists you can't stand because they have used too much computer editing?




No comments:

Post a Comment