Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gulity Pleasures


                Everyone has one thing they absolutely love, but some people hate to admit. Whether people admit it or not, we all have some sort of guilty pleasure in life. Guilty pleasures can be hidden or some people embrace their uniqueness. 

Dreaming of You
                This may not sound that weird, but my guilty pleasure is Mexican music. It can be tejano music, to more popular singers like Selena. Not Selena Gomez, but the original Selena. I love everything about it, the beat, lyrics, and atmosphere that it gravitates.
                When I mention how much I love Mexican music I get one strange look. I guess white girls can’t love something from another culture. 
1996 Tejano Music Awards

                I know this isn’t the biggest guilty pleasure, but it’s something I just love so much, and people give me the weirdest look. I know grown straight men that love to sing, “It’s raining men”. To save them from embarrassment I won’t mention names.
                Is anyone willing to admit a guilty pleasure? Most people will just say, “well, I don’t really have one”.  I say embrace yourself, and admit your guilty pleasures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment