Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Postcrossing!

Remember long time ago when you physically sent mail with stamps? Sounds barbaric doesn't it? Having to spend money on stamps, get off the couch, and put envelopes in the postbox. Postcrossing doesn't just have you send real snail mail, but let's you meet people from all over the world!

Postcrossing.com is this sweet site that you can sign up on, and send postcards to random people. Sounds lame right? Nah. It is really fun, and now I enjoy checking the mail.  For 98
cents I can send postcards to China,Finland and other countires across the globe!

On postcrossing.com you are given random addresses and people to send postcards to. It is really that simple. With a few clicks you can send a postcard to someone, and cheer up their day.

Maybe I am an old school , but I love physically touching mail, and sending out letters. I have made  a penpal in the process of finding postcrossing. Her and I are friends on facebook. :] Aha. Gotta love technology helping us send mail the old way.


Here is one postcard I received from Germany.

This is one I received from a journalism in the U.S.

If you enjoy saying hello to new people, and vice versa, you definitely need to check out postcrossing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment